SAKMEO seeking a Post-doctoral Fellow in Marine and Coastal Ecosystem Services
Post-Doctoral Fellow: Marine and Coastal Ecosystem Services
The Saudi Aramco-KAUST center for Marine Environmental Observations (SAKMEO) is seeking a Post-Doctoral position in the area of marine and coastal Ecosystem Services (ES). The candidate should have a strong research and publication background in the development of biophysical quantification of ecosystem services, mapping and spatial prediction of ecosystem services and the development of ecological (rather than economic) perspectives to ES. Ideally, the candidate will have expertise in the measurement of regulating and supporting ecosystem services in highly dynamic marine environments or how stressors impact on ES delivery. The candidate should have excellent writing skills and a good publication record.
SAKMEO is seeking individuals who have strong interdisciplinary interests and are capable of working collaboratively within an international, interdisciplinary group. All applicants are required to have a Ph.D. with demonstrated expertise in their respective areas.
KAUST is a graduate research university located on the edge of the Red Sea in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia (http://www.kaust.edu.sa/).
- PhD in Marine Ecology, coastal Ecosystem Services disciplines or other related field;
- Proven publication record in the field of marine ecology;
- Proven experience working on ecosystem services in marine and coastal environments, and how natural and anthropogenic disturbances impact ES delivery;
- Documented experience of extensive ecological field surveys;
- Competency in applying and interpreting statistical analyses;
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a cooperative work environment;
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables on time and to work in a multi-tasking environment;
- Good organizational skills and a strong ability to accomplish tasks independently.
The position is for three years (renewal each year depending on performance) and includes a competitive tax-free salary and other benefits (housing, health and life insurances, etc.).
To apply, please submit a single pdf file with a cover letter, including a brief statement of research interests (no more than 2 pages), detailed curriculum vitae, and the contact information of three references to Jennifer Otoadese, [email protected]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis beginning 15 August 2017. Early application is advisable. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.